Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pasta with a silky sauce
- 4 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper (about 24 turns of the pepper mill)
- 1 lb dried fettuccine
- 1 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, plus extra to pass at the table
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, mascarpone, salt, and pepper in a heatproof mixing bowl that is large enough to sit on top of your pasta pot; set aside.
- Add a generous amount of salt to the boiling water; add in fettuccine; cook at a full boil, stirring frequently, until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, rest the mixing bowl above the boiling water to warm the mixture, stirring frequently, to prevent the eggs from curdling.
- When the fettuccine is al dente, drain it and toss the pasta into the mascarpone mixture.
- Fold in the Parmigiano-Reggiano; toss, and serve immediately.
- Pass extra cheese and pepper at the table.
mmmmmmmm is all i can say ive never had such a rich sauce, it was perfect