Recipe by evelyn/athens
Is your garden producing more basil than you know what to do with? Here's the simplest sauce ever to make good use of some of it. Nothing easier, and it's delicious.
Top Review by chia
this is a quick easy week night dinner that my dd enjoyed, and she hates everything! very similar to alfredo sauce but lower in fat due to the cheese, i'm sure. i used basil from my garden, this was ready in under 30 minutes.
- 1 lb fresh fettuccine
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2⁄3 cup packed fresh basil leaf, washed well, spun dry, and sliced thin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta in plenty of boiling, salted water until al dente.
- While it is boiling, rinse a heatproof serving bowl under hot water to warm it and dry bowl.
- In warm bowl, whisk together cream, cheeses, basil, nutmeg, pepper and salt to taste.
- Drain cooked pasta and add to bowl with the sauce.
- Toss well.
- Serve immediately.