1/1 Photo of Fettuccine With Lemony Shrimp
A light fettuccine with leeks and shrimp. Simple to make and good the next day for a quick lunch reheated in the microwave. From Good Housekeeping February 2011.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- black pepper
- 1 lb shrimp
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup chicken broth
- 12 ounces fettuccine or 12 ounces linguine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks
- 1Bring 2 teaspoons salt and water to boil in a large pot. Cook noodles 2 minutes less than package directs. Reserve 1 Cup cooking liquid. Drain.
- 2Meanwhile wash and trim leeks. Cut in half lengthwise and then crosswise into 1/4" strips. Rinse slices under water until water is clear. Drain well. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a 12" skillet on medium hi heat. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste. Add half of shrimp to pan and cook 1-2 minutes until just pink and curled. Remove from pan. Heat 1 teaspoon oil and repeat with remaining shrimp.
- 3In same skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium low heat. Add leeks, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir well. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Uncover and add wine or broth. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 4-5 minutes or until wine or broth is reduced by half.
- 4Add pasta to pan with leeks. Add butter and shrimp. Cook on medium heat until noodles are al dente and glazed with sauce. Toss. Add basil, parsley, and 1/4 t salt. Cook 2 minutes longer tossing and adding reserved cooking liquid if necessary. With a zester grate lemon peel over .
- 5Note. I kept the reserved cooking liquid and used that when reheating leftovers in microwave. Reheats well.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine With Lemony Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.7
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 148.2 mg
- Sodium 465.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 19.1 g