1 hr 5 mins
Unlike pesto made with basil, this delicious kale version doesn't lose it's bright-green color. It also has more micronutrients and protective phytonutrients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 946.36 ml stemmed chopped kale (about 1 bunch)
- 118.29 ml grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 88.74 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 59.14 ml pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 1Make Pesto: Bring large pot of water to a boil. Fill large bowl with ice cubes and cold water. Plunge kale into boiling water and cook 3 minutes. Using tongs, transfer kale to ice bath. (The cold water allows the kale to keep its bright-green color.) After 3 minutes, drain kale in colander, then squeeze it firmly to press out excess water.
- 2Put kale, remaining pesto ingredients, and 1 teaspoon salt in food processor and puree until smooth. (Makes 1 cup.) Transfer to a container, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use. (Keeps up to 3 days in the refrigerator.).
- 3Prepare Pasta: Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine and cook until al dente, per package directions. Just before the pasta is done, remove 2 tablespoons of the pasta cooking water and add it to the pesto. Add cheese and mix well.
- 4Drain pasta and toss with pesto. Serve with extra cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine With Kale Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.1
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 374.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 20.6 g