Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A pasta recipe that's on my 'to-try-in-the-immediate-future' list (and it's quite a list, trust me).
- 500 g fettuccine pasta
- 500 g italian-style pork sausages
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 150 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100 g green olives, large, seeded, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, chopped
- 300 ml cream
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. (If desired, add a little salt to the boiling water to season it.).
- Add the pasta and cook till just tender. Drain well.
- Cook sausages in a dry pan over medium heat, turning regularly, for at least 10 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper and cut sausages into 1 cm slices.
- Heat oil in a saucepot and add the mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, for at least 2 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened.
- Add the sliced sausage, olives, lemon rind, lemon juice, parsley and cream.
- Allow it to simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until reduced by one-third.
- Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes or until the pasta is heated through.
Photo may be seen here, in Savor: www.annacia.com. This was made in about 20 mins, by the time the pasta was done the sauce was waiting. It offered a welcome change of pace from the usual pasta meal and was well enjoyed. I did find the olives upped the salt level a bit above my preferred level so I would likely use less of that ingredient next time. Made for Pick A Chef, Spring 2013.
I used pimento-stuffed green olives instead of just the regular pitted ones. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly as written and was very happy with the result. Will make it again soon.
Excellent. I substituted a gormet chicken sausage with asiago and spinach. worked very well.