This is another of the recipes I got from vegefood.com and we love it. Some people don't like curry flavor but we love it!! You can use less and make it a mild curry flavor if that better suits your tastes. It is an easy recipe to make and leftovers taste even better the next day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot (I sometimes shred the carrot)
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder (more or less to your taste)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked okra (or frozen)
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- chopped parsley or coriander (to garnish)
- 1Saute onion, carrots, zucchini, okra, garlic, ginger in a small amoount of vegetable broth (I use Swanson's) until tender crisp. (about 5 minutes).
- 2Add the crushed tomatoes and the curry powder and simmer on lower heat about 20 minutes.
- 3Serve over hot cooked fettuccine.
- 4Sprinkle with chopped parsley or coriander when serving.
- 5Place a small dollop of sour cream on top just as serving.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine With Indian Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.6
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.8 mg
- Sodium 232.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 9.6 g