Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is another of the recipes I got from vegefood.com and we love it. Some people don't like curry flavor but we love it!! You can use less and make it a mild curry flavor if that better suits your tastes. It is an easy recipe to make and leftovers taste even better the next day!
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped carrot (I sometimes shred the carrot)
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder (more or less to your taste)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked okra (or frozen)
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- chopped parsley or coriander (to garnish)
- Saute onion, carrots, zucchini, okra, garlic, ginger in a small amoount of vegetable broth (I use Swanson's) until tender crisp. (about 5 minutes).
- Add the crushed tomatoes and the curry powder and simmer on lower heat about 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked fettuccine.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley or coriander when serving.
- Place a small dollop of sour cream on top just as serving.