Recipe by Bev
This recipe could easily be used with chicken as well. Start to finish in 25 minutes.
Top Review by DDW
My husband loves pasta dishes and this was very good. Similar to a chicken dish I make but the shrimp made for a nice change. We will make this one again. The only changes I think I'll make will be to use a little more of the herbs/spices.
- 12 ounces peeled deveined shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 6 ounces packaged dried fettuccine or 6 ounces spinach fettuccine
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons snipped fresh oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled,seeded,and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup snipped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen.
- Cut shrimp in half lengthwise, set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook mushrooms, onion, and garlic in hot oil until onion is tender but not brown.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together wine, bouillon granules, basil, oregano, cornstarch, and pepper.
- Add to saucepan.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Add shrimp to wine mixture.
- Cover and simmer about 2 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque.
- Stir in tomatoes; heat through.
- Spoon the shrimp mixture over pasta.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Toss to mix.
- Makes 4 main-dish servings.