Recipe by Lainey6605
This could be a side dish or a meatless main dish, whichever you prefer at the time!
Top Review by 2Bleu
Using Ricotta intrigued us to try this recipe. We kept true to the recipe but used spaghetti and regular onion (on hand). The sauce never really thickened so I would suggest doubling the flour. The ricotta cheese made this dish taste gritty and I think if made again, we would substitute with Parmesan cheese. Overall a nice recipe, just needs some tweaking. Made for PRMR
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 10 ounces fettuccine or 10 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in medium saucepan; add onions and garlic.
- Cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, basil, oregano and pepper.
- Gradually stir in milk; cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheeses.
- Stir until melted and thoroughly combined.
- Stir in parsley; keep warm.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Toss immediately with cheese sauce and serve.