Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Simply Simple Italian 1997.
- 473.18 ml mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml oil
- 340.19 g evaporated milk
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, snipped
- 19.71 ml cornstarch
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 170.09 g cooked ham, strips
- 255.14 g refrigerated fettuccine (plain or spinach)
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh basil leaf (optional)
- For sauce, cook mushrooms, sweet pepper, onion, and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet till tender.
- Stir together evaporated milk, basil, cornstarch, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Stir into vegetable mixture in the skillet.
- Cook and stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Stir in ham strips.
- Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Transfer to serving platter.
- Pour sauce over pasta.
- If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and garnish with basil leaves.