Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Simply Simple Italian 1997.
Make and share this Fettuccine With Ham and Mushroom Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, snipped
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces cooked ham, strips
- 9 ounces refrigerated fettuccine (plain or spinach)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh basil leaf (optional)
- For sauce, cook mushrooms, sweet pepper, onion, and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet till tender.
- Stir together evaporated milk, basil, cornstarch, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Stir into vegetable mixture in the skillet.
- Cook and stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Stir in ham strips.
- Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Transfer to serving platter.
- Pour sauce over pasta.
- If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and garnish with basil leaves.