Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
This is the perfect, quick, family-pleaser recipe that I just know you will like.
Top Review by Desiree Cordova
Terrific Recipe. Quick and Definately a kid pleaser. My 8 year old and 2 year old ate it up. My Husband liked it so much he took the leftover for lunch. VERY EASY TO MAKE. Made Garlic and Cheese bread as a side. Went Perfect. Thank You
- 4 ounces prosciutto, crudo or 4 ounces other unsmoked ham (raw or cooked)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 shallots, very finely chopper
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the fat from the ham and chop both lean and fat parts seperately into small squares Melt the butter in a medium frying pan and add the shallots and the squares of ham fat.
- cook until golden.
- Add the lean ham, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Season with black pepper.
- Stir in the cream.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Drain and pour onto a warm serving dish.
- Toss with the sauce.
- Stir in the cheese and serve immediately, garnish with a sprig of parsley.