Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This delicious recipe is from an Italian cooking book that I just recently received from Barnes & Noble.com Extremely easy recipe to make and can cut in 1/2 if serving as a side dish. My DS & DH just devoured this last night!
- Cut ham into small chunks.
- Melt butter in a medium frying pan.
- Add shallots& ham and cook until golden.
- Season with salt& pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the cream and keep warm over low heat while the pasta is cooking.
- Boil the pasta in a large pan of boiling water.
- Cook"al dente".
- Drain pasta& mix with sauce.
- Serve immediately.
I love this recipe! I first found it in my Pasta cookbook a few years back. It's a favorite in our house. Glad to see it here as a couple of my friends wanted the recipe and I didn't want to type it out. Thanks for sharing:)
Some changes I have made to this before is using bacon or pancetta and doubling the amounts called for. I have chopped italian parsley and mixed in. Adding diced tomatoes and sliced mushrooms are yummy too.
Very good recipe. This is definitely a keeper. Very quick and easy. The only thing that I did differently was add mushrooms and I used egg noodles instead. My boys loved this. Thanks so much for posting!
It's rare to find a recipe that is so easy to prepare and so delicious!!! It's a definite keeper!! YUMMY!!!!