Recipe by Chippie1
This delicious recipe is from an Italian cooking book that I just recently received from Barnes & Noble.com Extremely easy recipe to make and can cut in 1/2 if serving as a side dish. My DS & DH just devoured this last night!
Top Review by 1024830
I love this recipe! I first found it in my Pasta cookbook a few years back. It's a favorite in our house. Glad to see it here as a couple of my friends wanted the recipe and I didn't want to type it out. Thanks for sharing:)
Some changes I have made to this before is using bacon or pancetta and doubling the amounts called for. I have chopped italian parsley and mixed in. Adding diced tomatoes and sliced mushrooms are yummy too.
- 1⁄2 cup prosciutto or 1⁄2 cup unsmoked ham
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut ham into small chunks.
- Melt butter in a medium frying pan.
- Add shallots& ham and cook until golden.
- Season with salt& pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the cream and keep warm over low heat while the pasta is cooking.
- Boil the pasta in a large pan of boiling water.
- Cook"al dente".
- Drain pasta& mix with sauce.
- Serve immediately.