Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This a nice, simple dish that goes with just about anything.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1⁄4 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons minced chives
- additional shredded romano cheese (optional)
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil. Add asparagus;cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute zucchini in oil for 3 minutes. Add onion and garlic;saute for 1 minute longer. Add the peas, salt, pepper and asparagus;saute until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Drain fettuccine;add to vegetable mixture. Stir in the cheese, parley and chives. Garnish with additional cheese if desired.