Recipe by Soobeeoz
This recipe comes from an award winning Australian chef. It's quick and easy to make, and tastes absolutely delicious. The sauce also goes well with gnocchi and buccatini. Said to serve 6, but I generally use around 250 g of pasta and half the listed amount of the other ingredients to serve two as a main. For a vegetarian version use non-animal rennet cheeses.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 g shallots, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 300 ml cream
- 200 g baby english spinach, stems removed, washed
- 80 g gorgonzola, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 250 g fettuccine
- shaved parmesan cheese, to serve (I use a fairly generous amount)
- 40 g pine nuts, toasted, to serve (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Saute shallots & garlic, without browning, until softened.
- Pour in the wine and simmer until reduced by half, stirring, to deglaze the pan.
- Add cream and simmer until mixture has reduced by one-third.
- Add spinach, Gorgonzola & lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain pasta and fold through sauce, adding a little of the pasta water if sauce is too thick.
- Serve pasta topped with Parmesan, pine nuts and freshly ground black pepper.