This sets my mouth tingling and drooling for this dish. Can be made with asparagus, green beans or just herbs instead of broccoli. Update: 07/29/08, a viewer suggested that we use some mushrooms towards the end.Also, changed the serving size - it is more for 6-8 servings. (When we make it here at the home - the amounts have to be increased.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup canned low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 lb gorgonzola (or less if you choose) or 1/2 lb other blue cheese, crumbled (or less if you choose)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (a pinch or two)
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- black olives, sliced for garnish (optional)
- toasted slivered almonds, for garnish (optional)
- 1In a medium stainless-steel pot, combine the broth and the wine and bring to boil over moderate heat.
- 2Cook until the mixture is reduced to about 2/3 cup, 5-10 minutes.
- 3Reduce the heat to moderately low and add Gorgonzola, cream and butter.
- 4Bring to a simmer; cook, stirring, until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, and chopped fresh parsley.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Cook fettucine according to pkg directions about 9 minutes.
- 8In the same pot, add the broccoli florets and bring back to boil.
- 9Cook until the broccoli and pasta are just done, about 3 minutes longer; then drain.
- 10Toss the fettucine with broccoli with Gorgonzola sauce, Parmesan, black olive slices and toasted almonds.
- 11Serve with extra Parmesan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine With Gorgonzola Sauce and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.8
- Calories from Fat 445
- Total Fat 49.5 g
- Saturated Fat 30.2 g
- Cholesterol 212.4 mg
- Sodium 1108.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 22.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth