Recipe by wicked cook 46
One of my favorite light pasta meals. I use Angel hair pastaTimes given are approximate
Top Review by Lorianne
Really liked this recipe. Quick and easy to make. I steamed my cut aspargus using more water in my steamer. Once aspargus tender, the water was boiling to add spagetti. All the while i was simmering the sauce. I did not use lemon juice, just more zest and added more parmesan cheese. I topped with shrimp scampi before serving. Just wonderful, so light and refreshing. Thank You!
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, ends removed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until it is crisp-tender, about 2 to 4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus. Using a slotted spoon, lift the asparagus out of the boiling water and plunge it into a bowl of ice water. Drain.
- Bring the large pot of water back to a boil, add the fettuccine and cook until it is al dente, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, bring the chicken broth and shallots to a boil in a large skillet. Cook until the broth has reduced by half. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest. Whisk in the sour cream.
- Add the drained asparagus and fettuccine to the sour cream sauce and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the fettuccine and asparagus among 4 warm bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.