1/3 Photos of Fettuccine With Fresh Asparagus and Lemon Cream
wicked cook 46's Note:
One of my favorite light pasta meals. I use Angel hair pastaTimes given are approximate
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until it is crisp-tender, about 2 to 4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus. Using a slotted spoon, lift the asparagus out of the boiling water and plunge it into a bowl of ice water. Drain.
- 2Bring the large pot of water back to a boil, add the fettuccine and cook until it is al dente, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
- 3Meanwhile, bring the chicken broth and shallots to a boil in a large skillet. Cook until the broth has reduced by half. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest. Whisk in the sour cream.
- 4Add the drained asparagus and fettuccine to the sour cream sauce and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Divide the fettuccine and asparagus among 4 warm bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine With Fresh Asparagus and Lemon Cream
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.9
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 100.8 mg
- Sodium 129.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 24.4 g