In 'Summer Gatherings' by Rick Rodgers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large zucchini, scrubbed, cut lengthwise, and then cut into 1/4-inch thick half-moons (can use half zucchini, half yellow squash)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- 2Add half of the zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- 3Transfer to a bowl.
- 4Repeat with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and zucchini.
- 5During the last minute of cooking the second batch of zucchini, stir in the garlic.
- 6Add to the bowl of zucchini.
- 7Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Cover with foil and keep warm.
- 9Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat.
- 10Add the fettuccine and cook according to package instructions just until tender.
- 11Scoop out and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- 12Drain the pasta and return to the warm pot.
- 13Add the zucchini and any juices and the ricotta to the pot.
- 14Mix, adding enough of the pasta water to make a creamy sauce.
- 15Stir in the basil and season with salt and pepper.
- 16Transfer to individual bowls and serve immediately, with a bowl of parmesan passed at the table.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine With Creamy Zucchini Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.3
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 84.7 mg
- Sodium 59.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 16.8 g