Ron Merlin's Note:
Ever get tired of plain tomato sauce??? Try this one.........A family favorite for 10 years. The cream adds a taste and texture that is delicious and perfectly blends all the flavors...Kids love it also.........
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb italian sweet sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano, in juice
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 3/4 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Add shallots and garlic and saute until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add sausages and saute until no longer pink, breaking up with back of fork, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add cream; simmer 5 minutes.
- 5Add tomatoes with juices, sage and crushed red pepper.
- 6Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- 8Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- 9Return pasta to same pot; add sauce.
- 10Toss over medium heat until sauce is combined with pasta, adding reserved liquid in 1/4 cupfuls if mixture is dry.
- 11Season with salt and pepper.
- 12Transfer to bowl.
- 13Sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine With Creamy Tomato and Sausage Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.0
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 94.1 mg
- Sodium 438.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 17.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano