Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ever get tired of plain tomato sauce??? Try this one.........A family favorite for 10 years. The cream adds a taste and texture that is delicious and perfectly blends all the flavors...Kids love it also.........
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb italian sweet sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano, in juice
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 3⁄4 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and garlic and saute until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add sausages and saute until no longer pink, breaking up with back of fork, about 5 minutes.
- Add cream; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juices, sage and crushed red pepper.
- Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Return pasta to same pot; add sauce.
- Toss over medium heat until sauce is combined with pasta, adding reserved liquid in 1/4 cupfuls if mixture is dry.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Pretty good recipe. I made it a while ago so I can't remember exactly how much I liked it. Will try making it again and revise my review.
Very nice flavour. I made it exactly as stated and served it over lemon pepper fettuccine. I think next time I will add more spices as I think the cream toned down the spicyness.Also I will probably use hot Italian sausage instead of the sweet Italian sausage. Many thanks for a great meal.