Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Epicurious.com A Salad, some crusty bread and wine are all that's needed with this hearty pasta dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, shopped
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, in juice
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 3⁄4 lb fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic and sauté until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add sausages and sauté until no longer pink, breaking up with back of fork, about 5 minutes. Add cream; simmer 5 minutes. Add tomatoes with juices, sage and crushed red pepper. Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Return pasta to same pot; add sauce. Toss over medium heat until sauce coats pasta, adding reserved cooking liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if mixture is dry. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl; sprinkle with cheese and serve.