Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A salad, crusty bread and wine are all that's needed for a wonderful dinner. From Bon Appetit.
Make and share this Fettuccine With Creamy Sausage and Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and garlic and sauté until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add sausages and sauté until no longer pink, breaking up with back of fork, about 5 minutes.
- Add cream; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juices, sage and crushed red pepper.
- Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Return pasta to same pot; add sauce.
- Toss over medium heat until sauce coats pasta, adding reserved cooking liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if mixture is dry.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl; sprinkle with cheese and serve.