1/3 Photos of Fettuccine With Creamy Ham Sauce
To keep the fat low, but the flavor high, evaporated skim milk is used in the sauce. A little swiss cheese boosts the flavor even more. Found in BH&G New Dieter's cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook fettuccine according to package directions, omitting oil or salt. Drain.
- 2Meanwhile, in a medium covered saucepan cook broccoli or cauliflower and mushrooms ina small amount of boiling water for 7 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain.
- 3In the same saucepan stir together evaporated skim milk, cornstarch, dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- 4Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- 5Add cheese; heat and stir until melted.
- 6Stir in ham and cooked vegetables; heat through.
- 7Pour over hot pasta.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine With Creamy Ham Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.0
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 57.1 mg
- Sodium 204.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 18.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
97% fat-free cooked ham