Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very good pasta dish. The sauce has the texture of Alfredo sauce, minus the cream, butter, eggs and cheese and is very tasty to boot. You can make the sauce in the time it takes to cook the pasta. You can even toss in your favorite seasonal vegetables, like broccoli, green beans, spinach, or asparagus before adding the sauce.
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled,pitted and diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 hot chili pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1 large lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a food processor fitted with a steel blade, or blender, and process until liquefied, about 5 to 10 seconds.
- Set aside.
- Cook fettuccine in a large pot with 4 quarts of water, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Transfer pasta to serving plates, and ladle avocado sacue over the top.
- Sprinkle with scallions and serve immediately.