Recipe by SnowHat
2 starch, 1 lean meat
Top Review by ElaineAnn
What a treat when you crave something "fattening"! I didn't have any ricotta cheese on hand, so I subbed fat-free cream cheese. It turned out creamy and delicious. Next time I will add a little garlic (just my preference). Made for Alphabet Soup Game. Thanks for posting Snowhat.
- 2 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons fat-free buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 small tomatoes, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the fettucine in boiling water, uncovered, for 9-12 minutes.
- Process the cheeses and buttermilk in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Heat the cheese mixture in a double boiler or microwave oven.
- Add teh parmesan cheese and stir.
- Ad the tomato and stir.
- Spoon the sauce over the hot fettucine and toss.
- Serve immediately.