Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love this recipe! I honestly do not remember where I got it from, but it's delicious and simple to make. It's very rich so I definitely would not recommend this as a side dish. It's great all by itself with some garlic bread on the side.
- Cook the fettucine in boiling salted water until just cooked or al dente (until somewhat firm texture is reached).
- Drain well.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Saute the garlic for 1-2 minutes over very low heat.
- Add wine to butter& garlic.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sour cream, whipping cream, nutmeg and italian parsley.
- Heat cream and sour cream mixture until very hot but not boiling.
- Add parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste with salt& pepper.
- Pour hot sauce over hot fettucine and toss.
- Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese and chopped parsley, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Okay...TO DIE FOR! I was looking for a homemade white sauce and printed this off. I added some chopped boneless skinless chicken breast at the end and it was perfection. My husband loved this! Thank you SARA!