Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 slices bacon, chopped thick
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄3 cup basil, chopped fresh
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- romano cheese, freshly grated
- Cook bacon in heavy medium skillet over medium heat until beginning to brown.
- Add green onions and stir until softened, about 1 minute.
- Add cream and simmer until beginning to thicken, about 1 minute.
- Mix in 1/2 cup Romano cheese and chopped fresh basil.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
- Drain well.
- Return to hot pot.
- Add sauce and stir to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, passing additional cheese separately.