Fettuccine with Cream, Basil and Romano
- Cook bacon in heavy medium skillet over medium heat until beginning to brown.
- Add green onions and stir until softened, about 1 minute.
- Add cream and simmer until beginning to thicken, about 1 minute.
- Mix in 1/2 cup Romano cheese and chopped fresh basil.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
- Drain well.
- Return to hot pot.
- Add sauce and stir to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, passing additional cheese separately.