Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From the Slimlines column, Thursday magazine. This is the weekly columnist Alva Carpenter's recipe. Enjoy!
- 600 g boneless chicken, cut into strips (without skin)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 500 g fettuccine (pasta)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over high heat and sauté the chicken on both sides until it is golden brown.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Transfer the chicken to a warm plate and keep warm.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the sun-dried tomatoes and the chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the basil, pine nuts and lemon juice. Meanwhile, cook the pasta (in the boiling water) until it is al dente.
- Drain and toss with the sun-dried tomato mixture.
- Divide the pasta among the serving plates and arrange the chicken on top.
- Sit back and enjoy your cooking now!
I used spinach fettuccini when I made this for our dinner guest. Very easy to throw together and very yummy. Thanks! :)