Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fettucine with Sauteed Chicken Liver, Caramelized Onions and Cremini Mushrooms (Fetuccine con Fegatini de Pollo, Cipolle Caramellate e Funghi Cremini) Thisdish is stupendous! I had it a week before Passover & I could sure use it now! I had to shorten the name because of the computer. It was made with roasted garlic, caamelized onions, sauteed chicken livers and then the mushrooms with the wine, it was wonderful! It was served with a red wine, a salad of greens, and freshly baked bread. Of course it was served with freshly grated Pecorino Romano & Parmagiano both on the dish and sharks for the table.
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided (or less)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb chicken liver, cleaned
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms (my friend used button mushrooms)
- 1 garlic clove, roasted
- to taste salt
- red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- to taste fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pecorino romano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parmigiano, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil & red pepper flakes(if using) in a large skillet.
- Saute onions until caramelized.
- Add bay leaf and the livers.
- Cook 5-7 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Add white wine and simmer until half the wine evaporates.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a separate skillet.
- Sauté mushrooms & season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until tender.
- Combine mushrooms & roasted garlic with the livers.
- Cook fettuccine according to the directions.
- Drain and toss with the sauce.
- Stir in parsley and sprinkle with cheeses.