Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is fabulous. Super rich and decadent. Quick to prepare. One of my faves.
Make and share this Fettuccine With Chicken and Mushrooms in Gorgonzola Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 10 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup table cream
- 3⁄4 cup gorgonzola
- In a large pot, cook fettuccine in 4 cups boiling water for about 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan heat the oil and brown chicken for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and shallots to pan.
- Cook about 6 - 7 minutes over medium heat stirring frequently till mushrooms are a bit golden.
- Add wine, thyme, basil, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cook until reduced by half.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Add cream and gently stir in cheese.
- Stir gently till smooth and creamy and chicken is hot.
- Pour sauce over cooked fettuccine and serve immediately.
As your decrisption say - easy, decadent, boy was this yummy! Probably a once a year meal for us as it is very rich. But definitely worth five stars. We made this for Fall PAC 2011 and don't regret it for a minute. Thanks again Connie.
This was an excellent dish, I followed the directions as is and it was very tasty, the only topping I put on was red pepper flakes for a kick. Thanks for sharing.
We thouroughly enjoyed this dish last night for dinner. The only change I made was to add 3 cloves of crushed garlic to the olive oil while cooking the chicken. I also threw in some fresh oregano with the tyhme and basil. I can tell you for sure, this will be on a regular rotation at Noni's house:) Thanks so much for posting, Connie.