This is fabulous. Super rich and decadent. Quick to prepare. One of my faves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1/4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup table cream
- 3/4 cup gorgonzola
- 1In a large pot, cook fettuccine in 4 cups boiling water for about 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large saute pan heat the oil and brown chicken for 4 - 5 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and set aside.
- 4Add mushrooms and shallots to pan.
- 5Cook about 6 - 7 minutes over medium heat stirring frequently till mushrooms are a bit golden.
- 6Add wine, thyme, basil, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- 7Cook until reduced by half.
- 8Return chicken to pan.
- 9Add cream and gently stir in cheese.
- 10Stir gently till smooth and creamy and chicken is hot.
- 11Pour sauce over cooked fettuccine and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine With Chicken and Mushrooms in Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 647.2
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 156.1 mg
- Sodium 1060.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 30.8 g