Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is fabulous. Super rich and decadent. Quick to prepare. One of my faves.
- 10 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup table cream
- 3⁄4 cup gorgonzola
- In a large pot, cook fettuccine in 4 cups boiling water for about 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan heat the oil and brown chicken for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and shallots to pan.
- Cook about 6 - 7 minutes over medium heat stirring frequently till mushrooms are a bit golden.
- Add wine, thyme, basil, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cook until reduced by half.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Add cream and gently stir in cheese.
- Stir gently till smooth and creamy and chicken is hot.
- Pour sauce over cooked fettuccine and serve immediately.
As your decrisption say - easy, decadent, boy was this yummy! Probably a once a year meal for us as it is very rich. But definitely worth five stars. We made this for Fall PAC 2011 and don't regret it for a minute. Thanks again Connie.
This was an excellent dish, I followed the directions as is and it was very tasty, the only topping I put on was red pepper flakes for a kick. Thanks for sharing.
We thouroughly enjoyed this dish last night for dinner. The only change I made was to add 3 cloves of crushed garlic to the olive oil while cooking the chicken. I also threw in some fresh oregano with the tyhme and basil. I can tell you for sure, this will be on a regular rotation at Noni's house:) Thanks so much for posting, Connie.