Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Some of my favorite ingredients put together. Yum!
Make and share this Fettuccine With Cherry Tomatoes, Avocado and Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g cherry tomatoes
- 283.49 g bacon
- 311.84 g fettuccine pasta
- 14.79 ml white wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 avocados, chopped
- basil leaves, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the garlic and the tomatoes in a baking pan.
- Drizzle with 2 tbs of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the bacon until crispy and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Roughly chop the bacon.
- Drain the pasta, and place it in a serving bowl.
- Drizzle with 1 tbs of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add bacon, avocado and tomatoes with juices.
- Squeeze the garlic out into a seal tight container, add the vinegar, remaining olive oil and chopped basil and shake well to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta, and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves, and serve.
This was a delicious version of a BLTA sandwich, in a pasta main dish! My family loved it & I could eat it again today if we had any leftovers. I used a whole pound of bacon, as we usually like extra in everything. I loved the fresh basil & the roasted tomatoes. DH was really impressed with the tomatoes. As you bite into them they taste like they're filled with flavorful spices after being roasted with the garlic. Delish! This was a nice, light summer pasta but I think we'll eat it all year round. :) Thanks again, Katanashrp, for another super recipe! Made & enjoyed for my adopted baby during Fall 2009 Pick A Chef. http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=310505&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
This was delicious! I was looking for a vinegary summer pasta to make and this was perfect. I thought I didn't like bacon, but when I had it in this dish it was great. I think that every ingredient is important in this except maybe for the avocado, which got lost. But I love avocado, so I don't mind keeping it in anyway.