Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick and easy pasta dish from A Slice of Paradise. Great as a side dish or a main!
- 2 cups Chardonnay wine
- 2 large red peppers, roasted and peeled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 ounces fettuccine, cooked
- Boil wine until it is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Puree peppers and add to wine.
- Stir in cream.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cut basil into strips and add to sauce.
- Add sauce to pasta and toss well.
- Top with parmesan and serve.
LOVED IT !!! The sauce was 100 % great. The red peppers were great in it too. The only thing I did was added a dash extra parmesan cheese, and a wee bit of black pepper. A definate winner. Will defineately make this again.
The sauce is fantastic! Am still smacking my lips! Ultra easy and fast for a hot August day. I made a half recipe so for the chardonnay I used one of those little bottles and it was the perfect size. I served ours with Corn on the Cob With Garlic Herb Butter (Crock Pot). The store did not have fettucine so I bought whole wheat linguine instead. I stirred my parmesan into the sauce b/c the grater that came with this brand grates it too fine and it started melting into the pasta and looked peculiar. Thanks Amanda for sharing a recipe worthy of fine dining. Made for Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap.
This tasty dish was a great way to use up my basil that I grow, so I added extra. I also added fresh garlic and some cayenne pepper and I served it with garlic bread, Yum. Thanks for posting Amanda!