Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you're afraid of pepper, cut it back. From the Antique Mall and Crown Restaurant in Mississippi.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 green onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 catfish fillets, cut in thin strips and patted dry
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- chopped parsley or chives (to garnish)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Cook green onions and pepper for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and catfish strips, stirring gently to coat catfish on all sides, cooking almost through.
- Add the milk, cream, nutmeg and salt, continuing to stir. Add the lemon juice and stir constantly while the sauce thickens. Check the seasonings and adjust if necessary. Serve immediately tossed with the fettuccine. Sprinkle each serving with parsley or chives and cheese.