Recipe by Groundhog Gal
This recipe is from a Cooking Light magazine dated 2002... just got around to making it. Very good and tastes like Alfredo without all the calories and fat! Also easy and quick, perfect for a weeknight dinner. I toasted the cashews in a dry frying pan until they were fragrant for use in this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup roasted cashews
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- cooking spray
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cashews in a food processor, process until smooth (about 2 minutes) scraping sides of bowl once. With processor on, add water, process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl once.
- Place cashew cream in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally with a whisk. Reduce heat, simmer 1 minute or until cream is thick.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add garlic, saute 30 seconds. Stir in cashew cream, pasta, cheese, pepper and salt; cook until thoroughly blended. Yield: 4 servings at approximately 1 1/3 cups.