Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I used to make this recipe, that I found in Better Homes and Gardens in Sept. 1990, all the time. Then as the kids got older, it left my repertoire since my son would not eat broccoli. Well, now the kids are gone and I can make what my fella and I like again. This is great. I usually use egg noodles instead of the fettuccine.
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch squares
- 1 medium onion, chopped large
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (or celery or broccoli)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, shredded (cheddar or swiss)
- 8 ounces fettuccine or 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained
- Spray a large, nonstick, COLD skillet with cooking spray. Preheat over med heat.
- Stir fry broccoli, pepper and onion 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Add oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper or season all, and stir fry until no longer pink, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add condensed soup, water and basil to skillet and mix thoroughly. Stir in veggies.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add pasta to the skillet and serve.