I used to make this recipe, that I found in Better Homes and Gardens in Sept. 1990, all the time. Then as the kids got older, it left my repertoire since my son would not eat broccoli. Well, now the kids are gone and I can make what my fella and I like again. This is great. I usually use egg noodles instead of the fettuccine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch squares
- 1 medium onion, chopped large
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (or celery or broccoli)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1/2 cup cheese, shredded (cheddar or swiss)
- 8 ounces fettuccine or 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1Spray a large, nonstick, COLD skillet with cooking spray. Preheat over med heat.
- 2Stir fry broccoli, pepper and onion 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- 3Add oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper or season all, and stir fry until no longer pink, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4Add condensed soup, water and basil to skillet and mix thoroughly. Stir in veggies.
- 5Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Add cheese and stir until melted.
- 6Add pasta to the skillet and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine With Broccoli and Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.9
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 112.3 mg
- Sodium 712.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 33.6 g