I know, the title of this alone makes you think "heart attack on a plate." What a way to go! It is artery clogging, but once in a blue moon it's nice to indulge a bit! The sauce is utterly rich and lucious thanks to the melted Brie!
- Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until fat is rendered and bacon begins to brown, about 6 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to plate.
- Discard fat from skillet.
- Add half and half and chicken broth to same skillet and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Gradually add Parmesan and stir until cheese melts.
- Add pepper and bacon.
- Reduce heat to low and gradually add Brie, stirring until cheese melts.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain well.
- Add fettuccine to sauce in skillet.
- Toss until coated with sauce.
- Divide fettuccine among plates and serve.
Just the sort of dish that pleases a cheese addicted person like myself, add the bacon and you can't go wrong! Love these flavors and in my opinion it is not as rich as a Carbonara Pasta. The second time I made it I added a small onion, garlic, more broth and also fresh chopped parsley. Thanks Mark for a quick and tasty pasta dish.
Love it! Love brie, the stinkier, the better! Made 1/2 the recipe for the 2 of us, no leftovers. Added some parsley on top for visual and health effect.
Delicious! Served with a green salad and fresh bread for an easy dinner the entire family enjoyed. Thanks for sharing the recipe!