Recipe by Shena
Quick and easy recipe that tastes great! The recipe came from a Pillsbury cookbook.
Top Review by Scrivener1
My husband liked this, but I thought it was average. I was not sure what was meant by "pesto sauce." Does that mean a cream sauce made from a packet? Or does it mean just pesto, i.e., olive oil and basil combination? I took it to mean olive oil and basil combo. I think this dish would have been better if there were more "sauce" because the half and half was soaked into the dish quickly.
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated fettuccine
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin bite-sized strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin bite-sized strips
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup purchased pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fettuccine to desired doneness as directed on package.
- Drain; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently.
- Add bell peppers; cook and stir 4 to 6 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender.
- Add half-and-half, pesto, salt, pepper and cooked fettuccine.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.