Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe on my list to try soon. Two favorites scallops and pasta. What I like about this recipe is that it doesn't call for wine.
- 1 cup clam juice, bottled
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 lb bay scallop
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- Combine clam juice, cream, lemon juice, and rind in a small, heavy saucepan. Simmer until liquid is reduced to 3/4 cup, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to very low.
- Whisk in butter.
- Season with salt and pepper and cayenne pepper; add chives.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Steam scallops in a covered steamer over simmering water for 1 to 2 minutes, or until just barely cooked.
- Remove scallops from steamer and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente. Drain; return to pan.
- Add warm lemon-chive sauce and scallops; toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.