Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pasta is one of my favorites and this one is very easy and LF
- 10 ounces fettuccine pasta (dry)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons basil, chopped
- Combine garlic, tomatoes, corn, wine, oil and basil into a large pot.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Keep warm.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add pasta and stir to separate noodles.
- Cook about 8 minutes or until al dente, drain.
- Add to the tomato mixture and toss.
- Serve immediately and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- For a different taste try a flavored pasta: spinach, garlic, tomato.
What a wonderful find! I was bowled over by the wonderful flavor combination of the garlic, tomatoes, corn, wine, basil, and olive oil (even better reheated the second day). This mixture tossed with the fettucine made for a beautiful salad. Another bonus is that this recipe is low in fat. I actually sent my parents back home with the recipe so they can make it in Florida. [I used fresh corn off the cob and dried basil though I want to try it with fresh next time]
I had the BF make this the other night. It was very light but filling. I added a sprinkle of freshly grated parmesan cheese. Although I enjoyed it that night, I didn't care for the left overs. To me, it just didn't taste as good. All in all, a good recipe and an enjoyable dish. Thanks Dancer!