Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe out of cooking light magazine. This pasta is great tasting and simple to prepare. I loved it!! The only thing I did differently was to add about 1 cup mushrooms to the pan when I added the peas. Hope you enjoy!!
- 1 (9 ounce) package fettuccine
- 2 slices smoked bacon
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings in the pan; crumble bacon.
- Add onion, garlic, and thyme to drippings in pan; saute 2 minutes.
- Stir in green peas; saute 1 minute.
- Add green onions to pan; saute 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add pasta, reserved cooking liquid, and half-and-half to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated, tossing to combine.
- Remove from heat. Add butter, salt, and pepper to pan; toss until butter melts.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and Parmesan cheese.
Ive been making this recipe for years (I am a CL subscriber too) and love it! I typically add a little more bacon for some crunch and saltiness. This meal is very light so if you are looking for a hardy meal... you might not be so satisfied.
I liked this quite a bit, but the husband wasn't a bit fan. He enjoyed the bacon and peas but felt the sauce needed a bit more flavor. I'll definitely make this again, when he's not around!