Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I clipped this from Taste of Home's Cooking for 2 a couple years ago and finally tried. We enjoyed it very much! This version is for 4 servings because I doubled.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) canschopped clams
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, drain clams, reserving 1/2 cup juice.
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, garlic, parsley, oregano, pepper, clams and reserved juice. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and Parmesan cheese; simmer 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Add bacon.
- Drain fettuccine; stir into sauce.