Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light, haven't yet tried, but looks yummy and simple!
- 1 (7 ounce) bottle roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 slices bacon, chopped, uncooked
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups fettuccine, cooked-about 8 oz uncooked
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut peppers into 1/4 inch wide strips.
- Cook bacon in large Dutch oven over med-high until crisp.
- Add onion and garlic; saute 1 minute
- Add bell peppers, peas, and broth; simmer 1 minute
- Stir in pasta, cheese, salt and pepper and heat pasta through.
This was very good . I used turkey bacon to lower the fat but it tasted good.