Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe out of the All You magazine. The picture looks really good.
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup canned chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces spinach fettuccine
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives or 2 tablespoons parsley
- fresh ground pepper
- cook back in large skillet until crisp. drain and set aside. Pour all but about 1 tbsp of bacon grease out of pan. Add oil and onion cook over medium heat until softened. Remove from heat, add chicken broth, salt and butter.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine.
- Add eggs in their shells to pasta pot and cook until pasta is done.
- Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water and drain pasta and eggs in a colander together.
- Bring sauce in skillet to a simmer. Add pasta and cook stirring until heated through.
- Put pasta in large bowl, add 1/2 to 1 cup of the cooking water and 1/4 cup parmasan cheese and toss well.
- Peel eggs and chop.
- Sprinkle egg, crumbled bacon and chives on pasta and toss. Season wit pepper and toss again.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over individual servings.