Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am trying to teach myself to like Brussels Sprouts. To that end, I am collecting recipes from the internet and saving them here in the hopes of finding the one that converts me. This is from Gourmet magazine, Nov. 2007.
- 3⁄4 lb Brussels sprout, trimmed
- 1⁄2 lb egg fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- Slice Brussels sprouts in a food processor fitted with slicing disk.
- Cook fettuccine in a pasta pot of boiling salted water (3 tablespoons salt for 6 quarts water) until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat until foam subsides, then cook pine nuts, stirring, until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, then sauté over medium-high heat until tender and lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta and add to skillet, tossing with enough reserved water to moisten.