I am trying to teach myself to like Brussels Sprouts. To that end, I am collecting recipes from the internet and saving them here in the hopes of finding the one that converts me. This is from Gourmet magazine, Nov. 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice Brussels sprouts in a food processor fitted with slicing disk.
- 2Cook fettuccine in a pasta pot of boiling salted water (3 tablespoons salt for 6 quarts water) until al dente.
- 3Meanwhile, heat butter and oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat until foam subsides, then cook pine nuts, stirring, until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, then sauté over medium-high heat until tender and lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- 4Reserve 1/2 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta and add to skillet, tossing with enough reserved water to moisten.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine W/ Brussels Sprouts and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.6
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 63.1 mg
- Sodium 30.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 11.1 g