Recipe by Hey Jude
A different take on fettucine alfredo, using green spinach noodles. This is a rich, decadent treat. I usually just serve a salad with this. Make this right before serving, if it's allowed to sit, it becomes gummy
- 1 (8 ounce) packagewide spinach noodles
- 6 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain well.
- In a wide frying pan over medium-high heat, melt butter; add onions and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes; add cream and cook until bubbling.
- Add hot noodles to pan; using 2 forks, stir gently; add 1/2 cup of the cheese and stir until noodles are evenly coated; add 1/2 cup of the remaining cheese and stir again; add nutmeg and season to taste with salt and pepper; then stir again.
- Serve immediately; pass remaining cheese at the table.