Recipe by Jo in Singapore
This is super quick and easy and doesn't require many ingredients. It's great by itself or by adding cooked, cubed chicken or steamed salmon.
- 250 g fettuccine pasta (I like the fresh kind)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 -5 green onions (chopped)
- 1 cup cream (needs some fat in it) or 1 cup 2% low-fat milk (needs some fat in it)
- fresh black pepper (to taste)
- salt (just a pinch)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons kraft parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put water for pasta on to boil.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Sautee garlic and onions until soft.
- Add cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Leave it sit on low-medium heat. Stir only when bubbles appear and then let it sit again. Don't let it boil! It just needs to thicken slighly.
- By now the water should be boiling, so cook the pasta according to the package.
- When the pasta is cooked and drained, turn off the heat under the sauce.
- Add the pasta to the sauce or the sauce to the pasta, whichever container is suitable to toss everything together.
- Add the parmesean, one tablespoon at a time and toss.
- If you wanted, now you could add cooked chicken or salmon and toss either into it also.