Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Creamy pasta dish by Southern Living that can be an entree (4 servings) or a side dish (6 servings). The original recipe calls for 8 oz fresh mushrooms and 1 cup of carrots; however, I don't like mushrooms, so I just use 1 1/2 cups of carrots. Make sure to slice the carrots quite thin.
- 9 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (6 ounce) packages fresh spinach, thoroughly washed
- 16 ounces alfredo sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan saute carrots in hot oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. Stir in onion and garlic and saute 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Add spinach and cover, allowing to cook and wilt for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until all spinach is wilted. Stir in Alfredo sauce, Parmesan, basil and cooked pasta.
- Stir until all ingredients are blended and cook 1-2 minutes until thoroughly heated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve immediately.
This was delicious. It took very little time to make and both my son and my husband loved it. I used some italian seasoning instead of the basil, and it turned out fine.
We do not like carrots in our pasta as much, so I used an extra portabella mushroom cap and a cup of zucchini. Pretty good. Needs more spices, maybe red pepper flakes, or chili flakes. Will play around with the spices, but will make again. Pretty easy and quick too! Great weeknight dinner item. Would give this a 3.5, with room to get better, if you could give half stars.