Recipe by KissKiss
Creamy pasta dish by Southern Living that can be an entree (4 servings) or a side dish (6 servings). The original recipe calls for 8 oz fresh mushrooms and 1 cup of carrots; however, I don't like mushrooms, so I just use 1 1/2 cups of carrots. Make sure to slice the carrots quite thin.
- 9 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (6 ounce) packages fresh spinach, thoroughly washed
- 16 ounces alfredo sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan saute carrots in hot oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. Stir in onion and garlic and saute 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Add spinach and cover, allowing to cook and wilt for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until all spinach is wilted. Stir in Alfredo sauce, Parmesan, basil and cooked pasta.
- Stir until all ingredients are blended and cook 1-2 minutes until thoroughly heated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve immediately.