Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup asparagus, pieces (or green beans)
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Steam broccoli, cauliflower, and asparagus for 5 to 8 minutes until tender-crisp.
- Prepare fettuccine according to package directions and drain well.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion in oil 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Add carrit, red pepper and garlic to skillet and saute 3 to 5 minutes until tender crisp.
- Add drained pasta, broccoli mixture, stock, basil and pepper to skillet; heat through.
- Remove from heat.
- Toss with Parmesan and sprinkle with almonds before serving.