Flavorful and colorful side to any meal! You can reduce the cholesterol in this Heart Smart® recipe even more by using eggless fettuccine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ripe tomato, peeled, chopped, seeds and juice reserved
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 carrot, peeled, quartered, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups fresh asparagus, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Place tomatoes, onion, carrot, thyme, parsley, pepper and chicken broth in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- 3Add asparagus pieces & vinegar and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- 4Add reserved tomato juice and seeds and continue cooking until most of the liquid has evaporated and asparagus is tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt.
- 6Drain fettucine and add to sauce. Sprinkle with cheese, toss to coat and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine Parmesan in Vegetable Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.3
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 139.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 12.4 g